Can’t leave this alone! I make a huge bowl which will last a couple of meals. It’s full of amazing textures & tastes.
2 cups of cooked brown rice
Steamed spinach or silver beet (if using silver beet, cut out the large white middle vein)
1 large finely chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp pickled ginger
1 cup slithered almonds
1 cup finely chopped mushrooms
150 g feta cheese
1 cup of finely sliced beans or fresh snow peas
1 finely chopped capsicum
1. Cook rice as per packet instructions
2. Steam spinach, cool, squeeze out excess liquid & chop up
3. Saute onion, garlic, mushrooms, capsicum until tender
4. Slice & steam beans. Chop snow peas – don’t steam
5. Brown almonds in a pan over low heat
6. Chop up pickled ginger
7. Crumble feta cheese
Mix all ingredients, can be eaten warm or cold / by itself or as an accompaniment for a main meal.
I tend to use whatever I have available so you could substitute different vegetables in this dish.