Lemons have powerful cleansing & healing properties .
It’s a great kick start for your day & an easy habit to incorporate into your daily routine. According to Ayurvedic philosophy, choices that you make regarding your daily routine either build up resistance to disease or tear it down.
Reasons why you should be drinking lemon water every morning!
1. Lemons are an amazing alkaline food, acidic on their own but once metabolized they become alkaline. They have powerful cleansing & healing properties. An alkaline body is optimal for health & wellbeing. Lemons help to balance your PH levels, research shows that disease thrives in an acidic environment so alkalizing foods are great for you!
2. Aids digestion, helps to cleanse & flush out toxins, helping to prevent constipation & aiding the process of eliminating waste products from the body.
3. Lemon water rehydrates your body & boosts energy. It supports the immune system by replacing fluids lost by your body. When you are deprived of water you may feel tired, sluggish, stressed, have a lack of mental clarity, constipated & find you have problems sleeping to name a few side effects.
4. Lemons have excellent antioxidant properties helping to rejuvenate & repair your skin, leaving you feeling fresh faced with clear glowing skin. Lemon water purges toxins from the blood which helps keep skin clear. The vitamin C found in lemons helps to neutralize free radicals linked to aging & most types of disease.
5. The ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) found in abundance in lemons promotes healing & is an essential nutrient in the maintenance of healthy bones, connective tissue & cartilage. Lemon is a fabulous antiseptic bestowed on us by Mother Nature.
Lemons have an antibacterial property which is an excellent remedy for throat infections.
6. Boosts your immune system. Lemons are high in vitamin C, citric acid, flavonvoids, B-complex vitamins, calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium & fibre.. Vitamin C is great for fighting colds and potassium stimulates brain and nerve function and helps control blood pressure.
Being rich in vitamin C, lemons help to absorb iron & the high potassium works wonders for people with heart problems
7. Lemons help to reduce pain & inflammation in joints as they dissolve uric acid.
8. It freshens your breath!
HOW TO MAKE IT: Take a mug of room temperature or slightly warm purified water Avoid ice cold water or scalding hot water – squeeze into it the juice of half a fresh lemon (preferably organic). Don’t use bottled lemon juice. Add some grated ginger as an option. Drink this down first thing in the morning before you eat or exercise.
Follow this by a glass of purified water. You can drink through a glass straw if you are worried about the enamel on your teeth although research suggests that your saliva naturally protects the enamel.
Who Can Benefit From Lemon Water? Dr. Beddoe, a leading researcher of the properties of lemons, states “Lemon water can be beneficial to every person that can tolerate it. That is, if there is no allergy to lemons (a very few have a true allergy to lemons) and no active ulcers, then all adults and most children should consider drinking lemon water.
If you find you get stomach disturbances or acid reflux – discontinue or try using the juice of a 1/4 of a lemon. It may not be easy to do at first, but once the change is made you will feel much better.
While some benefits may go undetected to start, the “practice” of making your morning drink will ensure that your day starts on a positive note.
Take the few moments when you are involved in the preparation of this rejuvenating drink to “Be in the moment”…it’s only a few minutes of your day…but by being in the moment and just thinking of the wellness enhancing properties you are affording your body, you will also create a better state of mind. You can do a simple meditation, read your affirmations or relax & be grateful while drinking this great drink.
This is a wonderful start to rebuilding and nurturing our body back to the vibrant health we all should have!